Monday, August 26, 2013

It's Hard to Fix a Broken Heart...

We finally finished our week long reading, writing, and math lessons about Chrysanthemum! Check out our final masterpieces:
What we learned from the book: Before you speak, think and be smart. It's hard to fix a broken heart!

I had them create Chrysanthemum and in the speech bubble they wrote: "I think the name --------- is perfect! Earlier in the week,  I sent a note home to the parents asking how did they decide to name their child and why it was perfect for their child?, on Friday I shared the notes about each child's name from their parents. Then, we wrote about why we liked our name. We fully integrated this week's unit into math by counting how many letters were in our names and compared it to Chrysanthemum's name. It turned out great and my little firsties loved it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment