Monday, October 14, 2013

Kevin Henkes Author Study Finale

Oh my, it has been way too long! So much has happened since my last post, so I have so much to share with you all! We finished have our Kevin Henkes unit and I must say it just turned out FABULOUS!! Check out the pictures below of our literacy chart:



I just love this response to what she regrets. She wrote, "I regret putting gum in my sister's hair!" WHen I read her response I laughed out loud! 


My students did a wonderful job connecting to Lilly's Purple Plastic Purse.





We even made connections to Wemberly. This turned our to be a great writing response to do with connections! Wemberly worried about everything, I worry about....
Check out this great unit with fun activities to go with Chrysanthemum, Wemberly Worried, Lilly's Plastic Purse, Jessica, and Sheila Rae the Brave at 
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Kevin-Henkes-Back-to-School-and-Reading-Strategies-791777

No comments:

Post a Comment